Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Monday, November 07, 2005

Church Planting Dinner with author Milfred Minatrea.

Tonight, I enjoyed an awe inspiring supper. The meal itself was great, but the fellowship with other church planters was thrilling. At first, I was fascinated by Milfred Minatrea. But soon, I was enthralled by the response of my fellow church planters. When I saw that all of us were willingly engaged in this discussion about church planting, I became absorbed. A dozen men gave up our evenings to learn how church planting should reflect God's heart.

God wants each of His local churches to be local with a global missional thrust. Historically, church leaders have conducted missions with a global perspective. Yet, God wants us to be missional. Christ declared our focus as making disciples. We are always to be making disciples. Disciples are people that believe in Christ and lead others into the journey of becoming new disciples. Missional thinking is a constant. We should never conduct a mission, rather, we are to always be making disciples.

A dozen men encouraging each other on our journey. A journey of a lifetime became more focused for each of us around the table. Shortly, there will be a dozen new churches led by men of God that are missional.

To God be the Glory.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home