Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Days like this . . .

WHEW!
Days like today are the worst kind.
Today has not been bad, but it was not 'good' either.
God has been 'good' to me, but today is one of those days that I just do not feel much about.

And here I get on the world wide web and write about it. No, this is not writer's block. This is genuinely a day that is just another boring (even though there were many events today) day.

The verses that stood out during my Bible reading were:
(Isaiah 1: 16) "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil,";
and (1: 18b, c, d) “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool."

Isn't God great? Even though I do not do what God wants me to do, He forgives me! MAN, I want a boss LIKE THAT!!! Oh yeah, He IS my boss ;) You know today is one of those many days that I will look back upon and see nothing special about in itself. However, today (& many others) is special because God gave me another day to live.

I lost a friend (many friends and family) last year. I knew him as 'Eddie'. I was never very good at his Chinese name. He was 36 years old . . . He died as my father died. It was painful to gain and loose a friend. And even though I feel a tear in my eye, I know that I will see Eddie in Heaven soon. So, even though today is not 'great', today is still 'great'. All because God has given me another special day. A special day that Eddie does not have.

Genuinely a dog day . . . I pray that Chapinsan does not mind my posting a picture of one of his 'dogs' . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home