Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Decay

I noticed this week, as I was driving around town for my Great-Aunt's funeral, that much of our town is in decay. Being a relatively intelligent person, I would guess that all cities face the slow decay of our buildings and roads. Maybe I was just being melancholy, but I really felt sad for the city.

I mean, shouldn't a city be vibrant? Shouldn't a city be beautiful? It is vibrant where the city is new. The city is beautiful where it is newer. But, in many areas of the city - the older buildings are falling apart. The older neighborhoods have trees that have not been pruned for years. The yards in older neighborhoods have spots where the grass is dying.

It was sad to see the decay. And it was even sadder to realize that I could not do much about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home