Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moses the scholar

I heard some people in the last couple of weeks that held the view that Moses borrowed his story from his era and his cosmology(*) was full of inconsistencies.

Ironically, Moses was thousands of years ahead of his time. Around his time, it was thought and taught that the earth and moon came from the corpse of the 'mother god'.

Moses taught that there was a real creation, and before this time there was not a universe.

Moses wrote that life was created from the first life (plant life) . . . down until there was man.

It would be a thousand years before scientists (many and very educated men and women) would begin to write a theory of cosmology that would begin to compare to that of the theory that Moses wrote of.

A shepherd that says God told him to write the theory? Or many men and women that are still writing their theories?

I believe that Moses was closer than we like to think. Why wouldn't I believe that? I have read and studied Moses and a significant portion of modern evolutionary theory (a major branch of modern cosmology).

Either Moses was smarter and luckier than many thousands of scientists, or someone else told him what to write.

(*) Cosmology is the study of the beginning of the Universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home