Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Friday, November 18, 2005

Days like this

Days like this!

Some days are just exhausting, even if you don't do a single thing.

Yet, Jesus had more bad days than I have had. In the Bible it says, "All the people in the synagogue were furious when the heard this. The got up, drove him out of the town . . . . In order to throw him down the cliff (Luke 4: 28 & 29)."

Sometimes during days like this, I wish that I could just walk right through the day like Jesus walked through the crowd that was around him.

And then I remember that I can. Because with Christ in me, I am an overcomer.

-- ***

Well, today like so many others is passing. I was able to catch up on some reading. I am amazed at how little time there is in a day. But, I am glad that I caught up some reading. I just wish I had caught up on all of my reading.

Today I was really amazed at how some people react to my encountering demonic activity. "That was only during the New Testament era." "I do not think that is biblical." Well, it did occur during the New Testament era. And it is recorded in the New Testament. And while there may be a sessation of certain spiritual gifting, I am unable to find any scripture that indicates a sessation of the demonic activity in the modern world.

I would like to think that all activity is easily explainable, but I have a feeling that I will be face to face with the supernatural soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home