Luvs Iesous

Musings by a 'single' church planter about the state of the internet and its effect upon the Church today.

Name:
Location: Texas

I am a 'native Texan' that loves travelling. Every where I go, I meet people that desire a deeper spiritual meaning to their lives. I ENJOY watching God's people respond to His call and watching God grow His churches. Can you tell that God has called me to plant churches?

Monday, November 14, 2005

Godly Image

So, if Jesus is the Image of God, what would be a godly image? I realize this a pretty loaded question. However, yesterday was pretty loaded. I had missed the previous day's expression of anger towards me. Therefore, yesterday caught me off guard. God in His infinite wisdom allowed me to forget my jacket, on Saturday. I went back on Sunday to pick it up. There in lay the surprise.

"Pastor, do you speak Spanish? I think that you do. If you do, would you answer a question for me? When you and the other Pastor are finished will be fine. I will wait." [This blog is exhibiting strange behavior.]

I knew then that I was in for a deeeep question. How little did I know that was an understatement.

What is a godly image? Well, I believe that a godly image is NOT an ungodly image. You will need the short answer, first.

"Pastor, my daughter is seeing these apparitions. She can see them. Her dog (about the size of a large bull dog) can see them. Her husband cannot see them. They call her name from the other room, and when she goes to the room there is nothing there. They cause the table to levitate. The dog growls at them. They will not let her leave the house some times. She is a good girl. Well, she is a woman. She is in her forties. But, what could this be? I am scared for her." [During the first publication of this blog, the conversations disappeared.]

First, Satan can only attack us in this realm. Satan can only attack us with permission (Job chapter one). Further, sometime the spiritual is an emotional (physical &/or mental) manifestation. However, there are times that the attack is truly demonic.

Time for a longer answer.

A godly image is an image that glorifies God. Any thing that does not glorify God is not godly. Apparition that cause fear, only to cause fear in and of this world, are not godly. If the apparition is godly, then the apparition will cause a greater fear OF GOD. If the apparition only brings fear and uncertainty of the physical things around us, then the apparition (thought or even demon) does not glorify God.

Amazingly, this definition applies to every person that we meet. If a person does not glorify God, then that person is not a godly person. If a friendship does not bring glory to God, then that friendship is not godly. If my job does not bring glory to God, then that job is not godly.

Now just to be fair, an image does not have to bring glory to God each and every time we interact with it. (Do not quit your job, yet.)

These next couple of weeks, I will engage the spiritual warfare up close and very personal. It will be amazing to read my blog in a few months or in a few years.

May the Lord shine His face upon you!

-- *** And DID HE! I windexed my windows to get them clean and was thinking about the events of today when I looked at the sunset. Today had been dreary all day long. The overcast had cast a dull sheen to everything. But, there God let His light shine forth in stupendous brilliance! Thank you God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home